Social Media in 2020: 6 Predictions [Infographic]
At the beginning of every year, we tend to be curious about what the future will hold for us. This is not limited to our personal lives as we want to prepare for our work life as well. If social media is a big part of your everyday job, this blog post might help you. I have found a helpful infographic from Awario, which is a social media monitoring app. This infographic lists several predictions that can help you understand social media in 2020.
Awario likes making predictions based on data that they and the world gather nonstop. Many of the predictions they make go back to what the platforms have done in the past and what the current trend is. That is how they designed this specific infographic.
Social media in 2020: 6 predictions
Awario’s main predictions are the following ones:
- Marketers will turn to TikTok. As has Instagram, TikTok has grown tremendously, and Awario expects this growth to continue.
- Marketers will use social listening more. Social listening helps brands to improve products or services, to attract new customers, and to provide better customer service.
- Want to promote your brand? Micro-influencers will become more effective. Larger influencers are trusted less than smaller influencers.
- Live content will dominate. The viewing hours of live video content have significantly increased.
- There will be less fake news. Twitter has banned political ads; Awario expects other networks to follow. There is also a higher demand for regulations and fact-checking.
- Social media platforms will be less harmful. Instagram and Facebook are removing your like count; other networks might follow. More features against bullying and social media addiction are being tested.
Want to read more?
In December, I have listed my most popular blog posts of 2019 that focus on social media. I have divided them into five categories: YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, LinkedIn, and general. If you’re new to social media, some of these blog posts help you get started. Other ones are more in-depth. For instance, there is the ultimate guide to hashtag use on every popular social media platform. There is also a series of posts that focus on Instagram contests.